Swedish & Deep Tissue Massage – Simply faster, better results!
Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage are the most popular massages, it helps release toxins and deep tension from the body.
The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation without increased heart load, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical and is suggested as part of a regular program for stress management.
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive and Active Movements: bending and stretching.
The purpose of Deep Tissue Massage is to loosen the fibres of the muscles and release both toxins and deeply held tension points by using deep muscle compression and friction along the grain of the muscle. Specific hand positions and strokes are used to respond to various tissues while breathing and movement techniques are employed to release muscular congestion. This helps to loosen muscle tissue, release toxins and maintain blood and oxygen circulation. It is both corrective and therapeutic and is beneficial for many physical problems, including sports injuries and chronic pain. As it works very deep, emotional issues stored in the body can also be successfully addressed.
Massage can help:
- Release tightness
- Break up knots and spasms
- Clear muscle congestion
- Soften and lengthen muscles
- Aid the holistic healing of the body
- Restore circulation
- Allow spine / joints to realign
- Speed muscle recovery
- Restore muscles to full health
- Reduce further injury
Swedish & Deep Tissue Massage Prices:
30 min appointment
60 min appointment
90 min appointment